Extreme Teen Drama, “Euphoria” Rolls out a Second Season

Main+characters+from+season+1+of+the+show.+

TV Line

Main characters from season 1 of the show.

Abby Homrock, Sports & News Editor

Critically acclaimed “Euphoria” led by Emmy award-winning actress, Zendaya, released episode one of the drama’s second season on Jan. 9. Throughout its first season, the teen drama highlighted the highs and lows of high school in a modern-day setting. Putting special detail on, but not glamorizing, drug use, abusive relationships, and substance abuse addictions. With a special soundtrack and a fresh-faced cast, the first season received numerous awards and nominations, leaving viewers excited for its sophomore season. 

The second season picks up right where it left off, after the main character, Rue (Zendaya), relapses on drugs after attending rehab. The first episode opens up at a New Year’s Eve party. This party symbolizes one last moment of fun before the season descends into darkness. The episode also digs deep into the supporting character, Fezco’s (Angus Cloud) childhood life and upbringing. Main characters, some loved and some hated, Cassie Howard (Sydney Sweeney), Nate Jacobs (Jacob Elordi), Jules Vaughn (Hunter Schafer) returned for the second season. A new character was also introduced, Elliot (Dominic Fike), proving himself to be a new fan favorite.

Musical-genius, Labrinth, produced and recorded the soundtrack for the premiere season. Hearing his music return in the opening episode was extremely exciting for viewers, especially after the mind-boggling soundtrack from the first season. His soundtrack has hundreds of millions of streams on music streaming platforms and has gone viral on the social media app, TikTok. Some of the most popular songs from the soundtrack are “All For Us” and “Still Don’t Know My Name”. The drama also features music that modern-day teenagers listen to, creating a sense of reality for a vast majority of viewers, including artists such as Megan Thee Stallion and Drake.

Viewers of the first episode are sitting on the edge of their seats awaiting the rest of the season. Episodes are expected to release individually every Sunday, for a total of eight episodes.