Smoothies, anyone?

That Smoothie Place Instagram

That Smoothie Place is now open and serving delicious food to the Damascus community.

Nick Weaver, Staff Writer

A common saying is that our small town may be out of style, outdated and flat out boring. After a long anticipated wait, That Smoothie Place opened in the main shopping center in Damascus. You can find it between Subway and the auto parts store. Owners of the new business have been boasting about their wide-ranging selection of available smoothies, acai bowls and salads. 

The newest food establishment in town held their “soft opening” on Dec. 9. Some of the first customers to arrive for lunch were DHS students rushing from the parking lot, some even sprinting to be first in line. The line stretched out the door, and people squeezed in tightly to keep inside from the cold.

The drinks are almost all named after 70s and 80s singers and songwriters like the “Hendrix” and the “Axl” all quite popular among The Swarm. They sell a wide variety of fulfilling fruit smoothies that are made right in front of the customer with real, fresh fruit. The smoothies are dairy free, and the reviews are very positive with consistent 5 stars.

“Delicious varieties and always friendly staff!” one reviewer wrote. “Love this addition to our small town!”

Many former and current Hornets students are on the clock. Stop by on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on weekends from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.