The DHS 2021-2022 Yearbook is Still Available!

Emma Heyse, Staff Writer

As the year comes to an end, so are the school’s clubs and sports teams. However, the memories made during those activities can still be remembered by purchasing this year’s yearbook. Despite being able to scroll through social media and see some of the pictures from these events, buying a yearbook will ensure that those memories will last for decades. Not to mention, this year’s yearbook staff has worked hours on end to create a yearbook that not only represents Damascus in a positive way but features some of the most memorable moments from this school year. 

Because of the rise of Covid-19 cases during the 2020-2021 school year, almost all sports and activities were canceled. As for the sports that did have a season, the number of spectators that were allowed to attend games and matches were limited, which meant that many students didn’t get the opportunity to cheer on their classmates during contests. Those circumstances made it extremely difficult for last year’s yearbook staff to create a yearbook because they didn’t get many pictures or quotes. As a result, this year’s yearbook staff was driven to create a memorable yearbook that would allow students to rewind most of the traditions and events that are most significant to Damascus, hence this year’s theme: “Play It Again.”

To produce the best publication possible, each staff member set out to go to at least one fall, winter, and spring event. While attending one of these games each staff member had to take a few pictures, get at least one quote from a player, and make sure to get some context behind the game. This ended up being very beneficial for the yearbook staff because it made it easier to include captions and quotes for every sports spread. This method was also applied to after-school activities and clubs, making those pages more personal and unique.    

The time to get a yearbook is running out quickly. However, you can still purchase a book for $100 in Mrs. Zappone’s room (211) before school and during lunch. Hurry and get your yearbook before they sell out.